Here’s what you need to know about current real estate design trends.
People often ask me about making their houses stand out and be more marketable. Recently, Zillow shared insights into six trending features that have surfaced in the descriptions of homes for sale, showcasing the diversity of preferences among potential buyers. Let’s explore each trend:
1. Hand-painted murals. Some homeowners commission artists to create unique murals in their houses.
2. Brutalism. This is a stark architectural design featuring steel and concrete, offering a distinct contrast to the artistic murals.
3. Sensory gardens. Outdoor spaces designed for sensory experiences, with walking paths, sitting areas, and vibrant greenery.
4. Plunge pools. This is a rising trend involving personal cold-water immersion for health benefits, providing a different outdoor experience.
5. Pickleball. The growing sport of pickleball saw a 64% increase in mentions, whether it be in a nearby park or homes with pickleball courts.
6. Murano chandeliers. These are exquisite glass-blown chandeliers from the Italian island of Murano, which experienced a 58% rise in mentions, adding a touch of luxury.
It’s intriguing to note how preferences vary, from artistic murals to brutalist architecture, sensory gardens to plunge pools, and pickleball to Murano chandeliers. The real estate market reflects the diverse tastes and activities that people seek in their homes. If you’re considering selling your home, please reach out via phone or email if you have specific questions about how you should go about selling your home. I look forward to hearing from you.